BizTalk360 has released the brand new version 7.9 with some very promising new features.
The new release brings some new features for making your life as a BizTalk administrator even easier. You can find this new version on their download page, just hit the link for downloading the latest msi setup or request for your free trial.
The biggest new features are
- Data Monitoring
- Export-Import Monitoring Configuration
- EDI Parties and Agreements access
- ESB edit/resubmit, bulk resubmit messages
A more in depth information of these features can be found on http://blogs.biztalk360.com/introducing-biztalk360-version-7-9. These new features, together with some minor changes and bug fixes, makes BizTalk360 very useful for your BizTalk environment. It is definitely worth upgrading your current setup or adding BizTalk360 for your daily maintenance and monitoring of the BizTalk environment.
I myself am very excited about the new data monitoring enhancements. With this you can easily automate some simple daily tasks. Besides the already released process monitor, it is also possible to monitor your messagebox, tracking data, BAM, EDI and ESB with the latest release. The most impressive is that now you can even configure some simple execution tasks (resume, suspend or terminate) for the message queries defined on your messagebox. A great way to automate your routine tasks like regularly terminating instances, resuming instances, etc.
The ability to export and import the monitoring configuration facilitates keeping the configuration the same for all environments. Another interesting thing this brings along is that now you can define your own basic set of monitorings to use for speeding up and facilitating the first time setup over multiple environments.
For any questions or guidance with installing or configuring this new version, you can always contact Cnext for support.
BizTalk360 just released their latest version 7.8 with interesting new features.
With this new release comes some very interesting new features that make it even easier to actively monitor and maintain your BizTalk environment healthy. Be sure to check out this latest release and download the setup or request for a free trial version.
Some of the key features in this release includes:
- Brand new Advanced Process/Transaction Monitoring, with it’s own dashboard.
- EDI Reports, we now matched all the EDI reports available in BizTalk admin console.
- Concept of User profile, especially for choosing your preferred time zone and date/time format.
- Concept of System profile, which allows you to disable features you are not using for example BAM, BRE, EDI etc.
- And all the usual stuff like Usability improvements, Performance improvements, bug fixes etc.
More information on a couple of these features can be found on earlier blog posts:
BizTalk360 version 7.8 released – Advanced Process Monitoring
BizTalk360 version 7.8 released – EDI reporting, System Profile and User Profile
Don’t hesitate to contact Cnext for any questions or help implementing this new version. As an official BizTalk360 partner and having 2 Product specialist, Cnext would be glad to help you out.
There is a new User Group born in Belgium. It’s a brand new BizTalk User Group, to be more precise, and goes by the name of BTUG.be. One of the initiators is someone of our very own company… Mitch Vanhelden, one of our Business Integration consultants working with Microsoft BizTalk.
Cnext is proud to be one of the founding partners of this Belgian BizTalk User Group. The initiative is a joined effort, together with some of the other leading partners on Business Integration using Microsoft technologies.
As a kick off event we’re targeting a full day event somewhere in November. For more news on the progression to organize this event and much more on the User Group, you should keep an eye out at the website http://www.btug.be or follow the twitter account @BTUGbe.
You’ll be seeing us on the upcoming events of the BTUG.be…. see you there!
The Microsoft Team has just announced the release of the very first Cumulative Update For BizTalk 2013.
But an even more surprising news is that it is available using Microsoft Update!… This is the very first time a BizTalk Update can be obtained with Microsoft Update, as before it had to be done by downloading it manually through the hotfix download. An amazing improvement if you ask me, making it a whole lot easier for administrators.
The update will still be available through the hotfix download though.
The Content of the Cumulative Update
The very first CU for BizTalk 2013 brings 3 fixes:
- User cannot perform certain database-related operations in BizTalk Server 2013
- BAM tools cannot be configured in a multi-node BizTalk Server 2013 environment
- The vertical scroll bar on the target schema does not work correctly when you use Visual Studio to design a BizTalk Server 2013 map
How to install using Microsoft Update
The following steps are applicable if you have Microsoft Update enabled in the machine where BizTalk Server is installed.
- Log into a server where BizTalk Server is already installed, and Microsoft Update is enabled
- Check for windows update
- Notice available fixes for BizTalk Server under optional updates
- Select the update and install
(Perform the above operations in each of the BizTalk nodes)
The original announcement can be found here.
BizTalk Server 2013 is available on MSDN as of now!
With this, the eighth release of BizTalk is a fact.
These are the new features that are announced for the BizTalk Server 2013 release:
- Integration with Cloud Services – BizTalk Server 2013 Beta includes new out-of-the box adapters to send and receive messages from Windows Azure Service Bus, making it easy to build hybrid solutions. It also provides capabilities to host BizTalk endpoints in Azure through the Service Bus Relay providing a simple and secure way to connect external partners and application to BizTalk Server on-premises. New adapters include
- RESTful services – BizTalk Server 2013 Beta provides adapters to invoke REST endpoints as well as expose BizTalk Server artifacts as a RESTful service.
- Enhanced SharePoint adapter – Integrating with SharePoint using BizTalk Server 2013 is now as simple as integrating with a file share. We have removed the dependency on SharePoint farms, while still providing backward compatibility.
- SFTP adapter –Enables sending and receiving messages from an SFTP server.
- ESB – The ESB capabilities previously introduced in the ESB Toolkit are now fully integrated with BizTalk Server and the ESB configuration experience is vastly simplified to enable a quick setup.
- Dependency tracking – The dependencies between artifacts can now be viewed and navigated in the Admin console.
- Improvements in dynamic send ports –You now have the ability to assign a host handler per adapter, providing better scales and performance for dynamic send ports.
- XslCompiledTransform – The mapping engine now makes use of the enhanced XslCompiledTransform API, which provides significant improvements in mapping engine performance for complex maps.
- Ordered Send Port improvements –We have made changes to the BizTalk runtime engine which significantly increases the performance of ordered send port scenarios, for example in HL7 solutions that use the MLLP Adapter.
- BAM Alerts update – In previous releases of BizTalk Server, BAM Alerts feature had a dependency on SSNS (SQL Server Notification Services). With the current release of SQL Server (SQL Server 2012), SSNS is no longer available. However, we have made sure your existing BAM Alerts scenario work just the same even if your backend is targeting SQL Server 2012. If your backend is SQL Server 2008 R2, you will continue to require the dependency on SSNS.
- Support for latest LOB version and protocol standards – Additionally, we also support the latest LOB versions and protocol standards. For B2B, the enhancements include
- Support for X12 5040, 5050, 6020, 6030
- Support for EDIFACT D06A, D06B, D07A, D07B, D08A, D08B, D09A, D09B, D10A, D10B
- HL7 2.5.1
With this new release, Microsoft also changed their licensing model for BizTalk Server to a per-core licensing model. This per-core licensing model is consistent with their SQL Server licensing. The impact of the new licensing model for the customer will vary based on how BizTalk Server 2013 will be deployed. Customers running BizTalk Server software on processors with four cores or less will have their license costs remain consistent with BizTalk Server 2010, as core licenses are priced at one quarter the cost of a processor license. Customers running servers with higher capacity processors on the other hand will have their licensing costs grow with the increased power of their hardware. More information on the BizTalk 2013 new licensing model can be found in this document or in this blog.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org (more contact details can be found on http://www.cnext.eu).
Once again, Cnext is proud to announce the renewal of the gold partnership with Microsoft, demonstrating a “best-in-class” ability and commitment to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment and distinguishing itself within the top 1 percent of Microsoft’s partner ecosystem. Cnext reached this gold partnership in the category Application Integration.
To obtain a gold partnership, partners must prove their technology expertise. Achieved by having multiple Microsoft Certified Professionals within the Cnext corporation.
Another requirement is to have multiple positive evaluations and approvals from our customers. Some of these testimonials from our customers can also be found on the Cnext website under references (http://www.cnext.eu/references/)
Thanks to all concerned!
The yearly Biztalk Summit takes place on December 10th and 11th at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond… So it’s only just over.
On the BizTalk summit the new BizTalk roadmap will be revealed to all attendees. The summit is invite only and its not advertised anywhere outside the closed community of existing customers, partners, MVP’s and few more. Cnext is one of the happy few that got the honor of attending the BizTalk Summit 2012, joining the best integrators on the planet.
Stay tuned for more…
For now, here is the agenda…
|Keynote – Vision and roadmap for BizTalk
|Overview of new features in BizTalk on-premises and in the Cloud
|Host Integration Server (HIS)
|Deep Dive on BizTalk Server 2013
|B2B Integration with Windows Azure BizTalk Services
|Microsoft Consulting Services: Notes from the Field
|Ask the BizTalk Team – moderated Panel Discussion
|Joint Session: Microsoft Integration in the Enterprise
|Windows Azure BizTalk Services: Service Experience
||Implementing SOA with BizTalk Server – Service Virtualization and Governance
|Extending Windows Azure BizTalk Services
||BizTalk Server Management and Monitoring
|Real-world hybrid integration solutions with BizTalk “Server and Services”
||Building Healthcare Provider solutions with BizTalk Server
|Implementing an ESB with BizTalk Server
||Healthcare HIPAA Solutions with BizTalk Server
|Reception / Mingle with the Product Group & Services